Social Media Influencer Ray Diaz Arrested For Alleged Sexual Assault

As of Saturday afternoon, he remained in custody. According to Los Angeles County inmate booking records, Diaz — real name Raymundo Diaz — was turned over to the LAPD jail division at 9:20 p.m.
Diaz is a self-described entrepreneur, content creator and actor, with more than 3 million followers on Instagram, and 304,000 subscribers on his YouTube channel. His acting credits include the Hulu series East Lost High, and the George Lopez comedy, Lopez, according to his IMDb page.
“After a thorough investigation, LAPD detectives from the elite Robbery-Homicide Division Special Assault Section arrested 33 yr old social media personality “Ray Diaz” for sexual assault in San Diego, CA, with the assistance of San Diego PD," the LAPD said.
Diaz was also interviewed by "DramaAlert" and claimed the July 5 video depicted an acting exercise and not an actual assault.” /> She alleged she was emotionally and physically abused by the social media star. The alleged victim later said in an interview with "DramaAlert" YouTube channel host Daniel “Keemstar'' Keem that she had been dating Diaz for about a year.
Police began investigating Diaz after a clip that detailed alleged abuse of an underage girl was uploaded to social media on July 5.
According to Buzzfeednews, the clip was “posted to 17-year-old Angelica Salek’s Instagram account featuring a man alleged to be Diaz.” While the clip was deleted, it was shared across social media, prompting calls for police action.


Social media star Ray Diaz is being held on $500,000 bail at a Los Angeles Police Department facility after he was arrested Friday on suspicion of sexual assault.
in San Diego, with assistance from San Diego police, Los Angeles police announced Friday night on Twitter. LAPD detectives took Diaz into custody at 5 a.m.

Directors Guild Bans Day-And-Date Releases From Top DGA Award

“The DGA proudly affirms that a first-run theatrical release is a distinctive element of our feature film award,” DGA president Thomas Schlamme said Wednesday in a statement. We also take great pride in recognizing all of the work created by our members through the many categories and formats that are part of the DGA Awards.” “We celebrate the important role that theatrical cinema has played in bringing together audiences as they collectively experience films as the filmmakers intended them to be viewed.
The 72nd DGA Awards will presented  on January 25, 2020.” />
This is still not expected to impact Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Apple and other upcoming streamers in any big way since the films they likely target for awards will get at least some kind of nominal theatrical release prior to running on the streaming service. The Directors Guild today took it further for their awards. Distributors who regularly release day-and-date, though, will have to rethink that strategy if they hope to qualify for the main, and much prized, DGA award. Whether other guilds, or even the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, follow suit is an open question. Right now, AMPAS' Oscar-qualifying rules, recently reinforced after their April board of governors meeting, only stipulate that day-and-date releases are eligible as long as they meet the other requirements including a seven-day theatrical run in Los Angeles County with at least three showtimes including one prime showtime per day.
The guild says all previous DGA feature film nominees, including last year’s winner Roma, would have qualified for the top award under the new rule. The board also decided that the new first-run theatrical release rule will not be applied to the DGA First-Time Feature Film Award category.
In a blow to the streaming world, the Directors Guild of America's national board has voted unanimously to ban day-and-date film releases from eligibility for its top DGA Award, which has now been renamed Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Theatrical Feature Film.
The DGA says all other eligibility requirements remain intact for the 2020 annual DGA Awards, but they reserve the right following the ceremony to make further adjustments "as the industry continues to develop." At any rate, they have become the first to reaffirm official support for the theatrical moviegoing experience in this way, and it will be interesting to see what effect it has.

Facebook Donates To American Red Cross – Entertainment Industry Foundation Seeks Fire-Relief Donations

UPDATE: Facebook will donate $250k to the American Red Cross to help those affected by the California wildfires.  The social media service has also activated its "Safety Check" feature for the Camp Fire and Woolsey Fire.
Three fast-moving wildfires, the Camp Fire, the Woolsey Fire and the Hill Fire, have already destroyed thousands of homes and other structures throughout California. Families in at least 75,000 homes have been asked to evacuate.
In yet another option, GoFundMe has a number of verified campaigns going to benefit fire victims.
EARLIER: The Entertainment Industry Foundation is calling for donations to its Fire Relief Fund, designed to support firefighters, first responders and communities impacted by wildfires.
Kitchen, who provided food for first responders and victims in shelters who were affected by the fire; and the Humane Society of Ventura County, to provide assistance for more than 300 animals displaced. Last year, funds raised were distributed to three beneficiaries – the Los Angeles Fire Department Foundation, to provide hydration packs for firemen and night vision goggles for helicopter pilots; L.A.
The fund, started last year in response to the major wildfires throughout the state, is active in providing members of the entertainment community and the public an immediate way to offer vital support.
You can find the crisis response page for the Camp Fire here and Woolsey Fire here. Most requests are for information, food and shelter. So far, more than 200 people have requested help, with more than 650 responding. People looking to help those impacted by the fires can also visit the Facebook "Crisis Response" pages to donate to relief efforts, create a fundraiser, or offer help.
CAMP FIRE -MISSING- People & Pets (579 members) – People are posting information on missing or found People or Pets during the Camp Fire.
Facebook also has the following pages devoted to information:
Camp Fire Butte County Resource Group #CampFire (1,237 members) – People are sharing news, updates, resources, and helping each other find missing loved ones and pets. One woman found a dog near Magalia, CA and the members of the community identified the dog and united him safely with his family.
EIF’s fire relief fund is part of the organization’s overall crisis response program, Music for Relief. To donate to EIF’s Fire Fund, click here. EIF will select beneficiaries for current funds raised as needs are assessed. 100% of donations will be distributed to beneficiaries.
“We want to provide an easy pathway to giving for members of the entertainment community and the public to show their support of the men and women keeping us safe from harm,” said EIF President and CEO Nicole Sexton.
EIF Board Chair Chris Silbermann added that the fund can "greatly assist those on the front lines, as well as families and pets who are displaced during this difficult time.”
"We're devastated by the fires in Southern California and our hearts go out to those who have been affected. We have partnered with United Way to offer Relief Rides in the Ventura and Los Angeles County areas through 2-1-1 and we’ll be monitoring the roads to prioritize our drivers’ safety." – Elliot Greenberger, Lyft Southern California Market Manager
 ” />
If any individuals need assistance, they can dial 2-1-1 if they're currently in the area. In other fire related charity efforts, Lyft has partnered with United Way and 2-1-1 to offer Relief Rides in the Ventura and Los Angeles County areas in response to the Southern California fires.
Hill and Woolsey Fire Community Network (187 members) – People are sharing updates and resources for those impacted by the Woolsey and Hill Fires.

‘Bachelor’ & ‘Bachelorette’ Mansion Fate Still Unknown Say Producers As California Wildfires Rage – Update

He lives there with his family but leaves twice a year for 42 days each time while the show is in production, according to a profile on the home last year on NBC's Today. It also has hosted commercial shoots as well as scenes from CBS' Quantico. The six-bedroom, nine-bathroom mansion was built by Marshall Haraden in 2004.
We thank the tireless efforts of the first responders here in Los Angeles County and across the State. The area has been closed to traffic so we do not know the current status of the home. The “Bachelor Mansion” is a private home in one of the current burn areas of Los Angeles. It is primarily a private residence, and our main concern is with the family who has been displaced, their neighbors, and all the communities impacted by this tragic fire.
WBTV said he was unreachable and had no further information as they have not been cleared to survey the damage. Neither series is currently in production at the home, according to show producer Warner Bros TV, which said executive producer Bennett Graebner earlier confirmed the back patio is burning and flames are moving towards the house.
The 9,000-square-foot house has hosted the ABC reality series since 2007. PREVIOUS FRIDAY: The fast-moving Woolsey Fire in Los Angeles and Ventura County that has made its way to the Pacific Ocean has damaged the Agoura Hills mansion that hosts the production shoots for ABC's The Bachelor and The Bachelorette.


Mike Fleiss, the creator and executive producer of both series, tweeted this morning:
Nellie Andreeva contributed to this report.” />


Fleiss got some flak for his post, with commenters taking issue with his concern for a house — and property overall — over the people affected. He was blunt in his response.
The news comes as another Agoura Hills property, Paramount Ranch's Western Town, a film and TV production location since the 1920s, was also destroyed by the Woolsey Fire, which has now grown past 14,000 acres with no containment.
UPDATE SATURDAY AM: The producers of ABC's Bachelor franchise at Warner Bros. TV issued a statement Saturday morning